Intro

June 26th, 2006
duniyaa ne tajrubaat-o-hawaadis ki shakl meiN
jo kuchh mujhe diyaa hai, vo lauTaa rahaa houN maiN
Sahir LudhianviA romantic, a socialist, a poet…Sahir, the magician, Ludhianvi. The above couplet appeared on the first page of Sahir’s only poetry book: ‘talkhiyaaN’ (Bitterness), and aptly so. The book is a treasure for poetry lovers. And in view of the excellent work presented in ‘talkhiyaaN’ by Sahir, it will always be sad that Urdu litterary circle never accepted him as a good poet. Perhaps something to do with the language that he used, simple language for simple people but with a plethora of emotions.
Whether in litterature, Sahir will ever get his place or not, he will always be in the hearts of his fans, such as myself… his words will always echo …
maiN pal do pal ka shaayar houN
pal do pal meri kahaanii hai
pal do pal meri hastii hai
pal do pal meri javaanii hai
[…]
mujhse pahle kitne shaayar aaye aur aa kar chale gaye
kuchh aaheiN bhar kar lauT gaye, kuchh naGhme gaa kar chale gaye
vo bhi ik pal ka qissa the, maiN bhi ik pal ka qissa houN
kal tumse judaa ho jaaouNgaa go aaj tumhaaraa hissaa houN
Share/Bookmark

16 Comments »

1. Barno Avezova says

Dear All!!
    Thanks forf this site.I live in Moscow and have not possibility to read Sahir’s poem.I have some his book.But I think for these material are not enoughtg. I do research work on Sahir’s poems.Many papers had been published by me. I would like to contunue my indestigation on this problem.I need your help. In 2007 will be Saher’ anniversary. I don’t know where it will be held. I would like to write the paper about this poet and participate in the conference.
    Thanks in advanse.
    My address^ odami@yandex.ru

October 22nd, 2006 | #

2. Yash singh says

Very good deed.This is an excellent collection I was looking for a long.

April 13th, 2008 | #

3. Zubair Khan Nagpuri (in Jeddah) says

Since from my childhood I was listining to a Film Song “Rahe Na Rahi Hum Mehka Karege Ban kay kali ban ka saba’ I did’nt know the meaning till I listen when Lataji sing Last sentence in a Programe in London “MAUSAM KOI HO IS CHAMAN MAY RANG BANKAY RAHAN GAY HUM SADA, YOUHI JHOOMTAY AUR KHILTAY RAHANGE BAN KAY KALI BAN SABA BAG-E WAFA MAY , song from film “Mamta”this sentence touched me from within. I am a good bathroom singer, always use to sing this sentence and relaized “What Sahir Sahib” has given to the world of “Poetry”
    I cant read urdu, but the one who has collected this nice piece of work in Roman Urdu, desirve our appreciation, since than I became a great fan of this Great Shair !! If you have any site where his work is done in “Hindi’ will appreciate to know the website

March 25th, 2009 | #

4. RMS says

Plz Send me the complete poetry of sahir ludhyanvi “jang ka our bhi to maidan hain

sirf maidan e kisht o khoon hi nahi

hasil e zindagi kharad bhi hai

hasil e zindagi junoon hi nahi “

May 13th, 2011 | #

5. Saroj Kumar says

My all time favorite.

July 27th, 2011 | #

6. DR SUNIL MISHRA says

PLZ SEND ME THE DETAILS FROM WHERE COLLECTION OF SAHIR’S WORKS WILL BE AVAILABLE.
    I WANT TO DO POST DOC. ON SAHIR.

March 8th, 2012 | #

7. sunil sangle says

Pyasa is a masterpiece by Guru Duttsab, no doubt! But whenever I listen to the masterpiece of Sahirsab, “Jinhe naz hai Hind par woh kahan hai”, every time I get goose bumps. The expression of deep hurt of a highly sensitive soul when he encounters the kuche & galaiyan of prostitution has never been penned in this manner by any other poet. It always leaves one in awe of the power over words of Sahirsab.

RSS feed for these comments. | TrackBack URI

Recent Posts
    ab vo karam kareiN ya sitam
    dekha hai zindagi ko kuchh itnaa qareeb se
    ye desh hai veer javaanoN ka
    tu hindu banega na musalmaan banega
    saathi haath baRhaanaa
    ye mahaloN ye taKhtoN ye taajoN ki duniya
    cheen-o-arab hamaaraa
    bachchon tum taqdeer ho kal ke hindustaan ki
    ab koi gulshan na ujaRe
    Aaj
    Comments
    aqeel ahmed warsi on
    tu hindu banega na musalmaan banega
    asifpathan on
    dekha hai zindagi ko kuchh itnaa qareeb se
    jitender kumar ranga on
    Kabhi Kabhi
    Ritu on
    dekha hai zindagi ko kuchh itnaa qareeb se
    Ritu on
    kisii ko udaas dekh kar
    ar woh kahan hai”

April 5th, 2012 | #

8. pawan gulati says

Sahir Sahib is a legend in Urdu Shayari, a true magician of words. Duniya mein dobara is level ki shayari na-mumkin hai. Sahirji ki ek ek shayari kabile tarif hai. Sahir ek aisa chirag tha jo khud jal kar hindustan ke filmi music ko roshan kar gaya.

“Jinhe Naaz Hai Hind par wo kahan hai aur Wo subha kabhi to aayegi” are one of my favourites. Hindustan mein jhab tak filme rahengi, Sahir ko log bhula nahin sakte.

May 14th, 2012 | #

9. tejas says

kaha chain payega zindagi mein ye tho dard ka jaljala hai bahut seha liya dard is duniya se …………aab toofan ka intezar hai bhuj jaye chirag-e-jisma aur sukun-e-kabra paye

May 24th, 2012 | #

10. milky says

good to see the collection of sahir sahab’s compositions….
    i request u to please make external link for my website…i am a college student and composed few poems ,which i put on my website…thank you

June 22nd, 2012 | #

11. KHANNA WALA says

i had studied and spent 2 years of my life in that college where sahir studied for sometime. i feel proud on me that i had studied from institution of this GREAT PERSONALITY. m biggest fan of sahir’s pioneer works.

August 6th, 2012 | #

12. WAJAHAT SAHIR says

:smile: wah sahir saheb wah aap ka jawab nahi

Hayat ek mustakil gham ke siva kuch bhi nahi hai shayed
    khushi bhi yaad aati hai toh aansun ban kar aati hai

September 23rd, 2012 | #

13. WAJAHAT SAHIR says

😡

Hum hai rahi pyar ke hum say kuch na boliyee

KHUDA bakshe bohot se khubiyaa the marne wale may
    plz any one can mail me and send collection of sahir saheb

September 23rd, 2012 | #

14. Vijay Nagar says

Zuber Khan sahab!excuse me butRahe na rahe hum’ is a composition of Majrooh Sultanpuri,who had been a literary rival of our Sahir sahab,despite of numberless efforts,a ligations ,and bitter criticism he could not touch the level of Sahir’s extraordinary talent.One of other jealous living poet is Nida fazli,if you do not believe,I will advise you to go through Nida’s book’TAMASHA MERE AAGE’ in which he has tried to poison the readers against SAHIR sahab.Sorry to use such bitter words,but misguiding innocent readers that too after someone’s death is unpardonable literary crime.

March 14th, 2013 | #

15. Sahir Ludhianvi (Kabhi Kabhi) Vs Mumbai Mafia (Tartar Dub) | ravanabola says

[…] http://www.sahirludhianvi.com/blog/index.php/2006/06/26/articles/intro/ […]

May 15th, 2013 | #

16. Jaspal Singh says

Please advice, if there is any commemorative get-together in Sahir ji’s memory / honor?

June 18th, 2015 | #